Monday, March 21, 2011

Treadmills and Ramen.

My week is getting fuller and fuller every time I step back and look at it. I finally have a phone interview set up with the registrar from DP (Allyssa), which is throoughly exciting because I have spoken with her so much over e-mail that I feel like I know her, and am excited to hear her voice. It feels like someone is almost a dream until you hear their voice or see them in person, you know? So that has me excited. So excited, in fact, that I was checking out plane tickets today, and Tickets to Belize City from Memphis are cheaper than tickes to Belize City from Seatac...so I think I am going to go visit my sister and her family in Tennessee for a few days before heading into paradise, but that is still in the works so it's not a final decision.

I'm so ready to head to Belize. I know I am not physically ready, I don't have everything together yet, but I feel like I need to be there and I am so ready to leave. I can't wait to go and to learn more about God and read more of the bible and hear the different speakers lecture. I can't wait to grow in my relationship with Him and learn how to explain and defend my faith, my morals, my convictions. I am so ready and willing to be His hands and feet, his eyes and ears and mouth on the outreach and internship, to be able to communicate for Him and be in His will.

I get goosebumps when I think about Him, think about the work that He is doing around the world and in the hearts of people nad I cannot wait to be a part of that work in a drastic way. I know I am already part of that work on the Island, but I am excited to expand my heart and be able to minister in another country, in another way. I want to pour out my love for Him and for others onto His people, onto the hurt and weary, the broken and the wealthy, the lame and the strong... I just want to be helping them, picking them up and singing into them a song of hope and renewal.


God is going to be my strength when I am in Belize and I will pour myself out for Him... I can't wait :)

No comments: