Sunday, October 16, 2011

Outreach

Dear Family,

   I have about six more weeks until I leave for outreach! I am so incredibly excited for this new adventure that God is planning in my life. We're headed to South Africa (and a few from our team to Guatemala) with our outreach leaders, Noah and Tracy Applegate, whom we have yet to meet, but they are arriving in early/mid November.

   As of right now, there aren't many concrete details, but I have a few details below, taken from our support letter:



Some information about upcoming needs:
  • The cost of Outreach is $2200 + approx. $1500 travel to outreach location = approx. $3700 US dollars  

  • Deadline for funds to be submitted Friday October 14th 2011.
If you are interested in supporting students financially you can send funds in these ways:
·         Check to YWAM Destination Paradise  PO Box 355, Freeland, WA, 98249 USA
·         Google Checkout or PayPal at www.ywamdp.org- ‘Get Involved’- ‘Give’ - ‘Student Fees’ –‘Outreach Fee’
Prayer support is also a huge part of outreach; if you could join with us in praying for the following we would appreciate that as well:
·         Wisdom and leading for the ministry opportunities
·         God to prepare the hearts of people we will connect with
·         Unity for the team as we prepare for outreach and while on outreach
Already during Lecture Phase our students have seen and experienced God’s goodness, different aspects of His character and found new freedom in His love for them. The team is tight and have really bonded through times of teaching, sharing and living in close community. In order to make preparations for the Outreach students will be pulling together the funds before October 14th.
Thank you for being a support to the students throughout this first, important stage of training. We know great things will happen in our students and through our students in this Outreach. We hope that their continued journey and experience through Outreach will encourage you.

Best Regards,

Noah and Tracy Applegate


   This is an incredible opportunity! I ask that you would be willing to share it with me. As you can see, October 14th has come and gone. I am excited to say that I have $700 dollars for outreach so far! While this is not the full amount, I know that God can provide what I need, and that He knows what is going on, even if I do not. 


   Friends, I humbly yet boldly ask that you would consider supporting me financially. I realize that money is tight right now, and I thank you so much for supporting me in prayer if that is the case. Our God works through prayer like none other! However, I ask that you would also prayerfully consider financial support as well. The deadline for our money was here and gone, and I admit that I am a tad anxious about finances. Please consider this, bring it to our Father in prayer. If you are feeling prompted, there are a few ways to donate, outline above in the excerpt from our support letter. 


   Thank you so much for reading and following along with my blog, my life, my needs and frustrations. For sharing in my joys and my pain. I love you all dearly, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for all of us in the future. God bless you! :)

No comments: