Monday, March 14, 2011

Falling Slowly

It's bizzare to think that if everything works out soon enough, I'll be leaving in less than two months. Time goes so quickly! But I am confident that God will provide for me what He wants. It was so incredible, I was at church yesterday and I was stressing over money and worried that nothing would come together in time, and a man came up to me amd started talking to me. He just walked up and smiled and said, "The money will come." And I looked at him and smiled and said "..." to which he replied, "Don't worry. I'm not just saying this; the money will come." and I said "Thanks, that makes me feel a lot better about this, I am kind of stressed," And he just kept repeating, "The money will come. God will provide. Stop worrying."

It was so encouraging to have someone who I hadn't even confessed my fears to confirm that they were not well founded fears. He drove home the point that God was putting on his heart, and it encouraged me and lifted my spirits so much! I'm so thankful for everyone who has come along side me to help me plan fundraising and say an encouraging word to me.

I met with a few friends (David and Lennox) tonight to play music together. We all play guitar and sing, David also plays drums, and Nnox also plays piano. I can't express how muc I love the feeling of sitting down with a guitar in hand and belting out music for God, figuring out strum patterns and different chords, notes, and harmonies together.

It's hard to understand how some don't believe in God when He is so evident in things like music. He has created voices as instruments to blend perfectly and created the ability to learn to play guitar, drums, piano, any instrument. He is so incredibly AMAZING. I love Him. :)

1 comment:

Becca Swan said...

wow, that's so cool! God always does provide for the things he calls us to, and not usually as fast as we'd like. But he DOES. We just have to trust that he will, and rest in His faithfulness. :)