Saturday, March 12, 2011

Selfless faith

So I spent the night at a friends house last nght, and since I was not tired by thte time we went to bed, I just layed there and talked to God for a long time. I've been thinking about Belize and about how many things I have to get together before I can go, passport, money, insurance and such...and I was getting really worried that it would all fall through. That I wouldn't get everything together in time. That for some reason I wouldn't be able to go.

This morning my friend and I played "Hosanna" on the guitar and as we sang, the line "I see a generation rising up to take their place, with selfless faith, with selfless faith" really stuck out to me. I just need to trust God with selfless faith. I need to take me out of the equation and just make it about God, and let Him do what He does best; orchestrate everything for His good and His glory. I need to take a step back and realize, make a concious effort, that no matter what happens, God is going to be at the center of it all, and He is going to be my starting point. He is going to be the one I run to and the one I trust in. I'm asking for you to pray for me, to pray that no matter what, God's will is fulfilled in my life and He is at the center... Thank you :)


On another note, I went to college group last night and planned a few fundraisers with Kirsten. She is so good at coming up with ideas! We are going to meet together tonight to make a flier for a dinner concert we are planning. I'm hoping CLC's youth band, Trial By Fire, can all get together and play at the dinner. I'm going to talk to my youth leader Sherri tomorrow at church about the dinner. We are also planning a bake sale/yard sale at the chruch, it will be two weeks from now (So if youre reading this...and you want to donate anything to be sold, e-mail me and let me know! Friedchicken177@gmail.com) and all proceeds will go towards this missions school.

I'm also selling Avon through a friend of mine, and 40% of that is going towards Belize as well, so that is really awesome!! (also e-mail me if you are interested in that...its not just makeup! Jewelry and clothing is included in the Avon sales. Easter is coming up, and so is Mother's Day! Everything is on sale, as well.)

This is the song I was talking about in the first part of this post...Take a look at it. God is so amazing. I hope this song speaks to you like it did to me :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXCoHxX1OC8

No comments: