Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Family, Funds, and Freedom.

   These past few weeks have been crazy.  It's getting to the time where we need to pay our Outreach funds...this friday is the deadline. Our Team has been spending these past weeks praying, fasting, and praising Jesus for His unfailing love and His provision. Honestly, ore than half of us have the funds for this school, myself included, but I have constantly been blown away by the insight and the hope that continues to flourish in our group. Last night we had a prayer meeting for our Team, and we met out on the dock after dinner...our prayer meeting turned into an impromptu praise session! We broke out the songbooks, clapped, jumped, sang at the top of our lungs, laughed really hard, almopst fell in the water, danced, shouted. It was the most beautiful thing I have seen.
   One of my team members, Dawson, did a Devotion yesterday, and he talked about how we need to trust. He told a story about how, when we had been praying the previous week, we were all silent for a time, our group communally seeking God's direction. Dawson heard something from God in that time that he didn't share until this last Monday. As he was sitting and listening to the sound of God's voice, he heard Him say, "Dawson. Do you trust me? Will you trust me if I bring you home? Will you trust me if I bring you to Guatemala? Will you trust me if I bring you to South Africa?" This hit us hard. We had been seeking God's hands, not His face, and we realized that we need to trust Him no matter what or where He brings us in the future. Last night, on the dock, jumping and singing and shouting our praises to Him, we chose to take that step. To trust.

   Our outreach funds are due this week. They are due friday. $3,700 USD each...and no matter what happens, no matter where God brings me, brings my group, I choose to trust.


Family, I ask that you would pray for the state of our hearts. That we would choose to trust Him on a daily, hourly basis. That He would be our identity, and we would not claim our lives back from Him. I humbly ask that you would pray for our Team, for our mission. You are such a blessing to us. You are such a blessing to me. Thank you for your support! I will write a bit more later, this weekend. Thank you so much for all of the prayers and blessings and donations that you have been giving. God is good, is He not? Choose to trust. :)

No comments: