Friday, March 4, 2011

Java

I had coffee with a friend this morning and as we shared stories of struggles and laughed at the things that have happened to us, I realized something. I'm happy. Not like the happy you feel when you open that present on your birthday and see something you have been pining after, but the happy that just doesn't leave.

Carly (the friend I had coffee with) said that she feels like she has this happiness tht is bubbling up inside of her, and I can identify with that. I think it comes from being int he will of God and acknowledging His presence in my life and heading in the direction I feel like He's pointing me in. But I have this happiness, this extreme joy, that is overflowing from within me. It's like a switch has been flipped, and though I am not content with all of life's aspects, I feel a peace and its growing deeper and more profound. I love it!!!

I'm sure some of this happiness has stemmed from the fact that I talked with the registrar in Belize (Alyssa) and she said she could switch my paperwork so it goes towards the May 2011 school instead of the September one. And I could not be more STOKED about that!

I feel like I'm supposed to be stressed, because I have a million and ten things I need to do in order to go to the May school, but whenever Is tart to feel stressed, I find myself replacing it with joy and laughter and reminding myself that whatever needs to be done will happen in God's time, and if i am supposed to go, He will come through and bust some butt for me. Incredible what Dad's can do, isn't it?

2 comments:

kevin, Tiff, & Micah said...

Hey Emily! This is awesome! I was sort of meditating on this a couple of weeks ago. Nehemiah 8:10 "the joy of the Lord is OUR strength." How many of us christians actually live like this though? Sounds like you are living it out, and using his joy for your strength.

Tell me what exactly are you going to Belize for?

-Kevin

Emily Grace said...

I'm sorry! I didn't realized you posted this until now, when we have alredy talked.

Thank you for being so encouraging, Kevo! God defintiely knew what He was doing when He gave us the Bible.