Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Sunshine Fills the Shadows.

One week. Six days. 8 hours. Thats when my flight leaves, with me one it, carrying me to Belize! Well, L.A., actually. But Belize isn't far ahead of that. These past few weeks have been full of fundraising, and getting everything together to head down to Belize. I turned 18 on the 10th of April, and my parents bought me a beautiful Healy backpack from Cabelas to bring down to San Pedro with me. I have flip flops, shorts, teeshirts and tanktops to bring with me.... and I think I'm basically set, except for a few select things.

I went to the health department last week and got my immunizations, along with some Typhoid pills that I took. I still need to get $2000 dollars to pay for the first phase of the school, but I am confident that it will come...and my friend and I are organizing a coin drive to help with that. Despite the money situation, I am so ready to go! I have become restless in waiting, though I know that I need to treasure every day home, since I am leaving in less than two weeks. God is so good!

I was reading Psalms 19 today, and it was saying how everything speaks of the glory of God. The sun is radiant in the day, the moon shouts it from the evening sky. If the SUN and the MOON can speak God's glory all day and night, if they proclaim His name for all to see, every day, tirelessly, why do we not? I am guilty of forgetting my own God. I become caught up in getting ready to go to Belize that I forget to read my Bible or pray, or just spend time meditating and listening for His voice. I'm working on not letting everyday life get in the way of being in the presence of my Creator. He deserves my all, and that is what I am working towards giving Him.

No comments: