Monday, April 4, 2011

Smoothies.

It is almost time! Jusrt a few short weeks seperate me from Belize, and I still feel as if it's all adream. I know that it's not, however, because my friend Louise is heading back to Belize today and we didn;t say goodbye. Just a "See you soon!" hug was passed between us. How I love her! She has encouraged me and I am that much more excited to head to Belize because of her.


Well, here is an update on my activities of late: Saturday, the 26th of March, I hosted a rummage sale at my church to raise funds to head to Belize. It went extremely well, we sold over half of the things there, and I have the rest still sitting in the back of my truck, waiting to go to the thrift store. The rummage sale brought in enough money to pay for my acceptance fee, plus add to more of my overall fee! Praise Jesus!!!

Monday, the 28th, I headed over to the Everett Post office with my mom and Carly Simmons to apply for my passport. After waiting for two and a half hours, and listening to the remarks of one hilariously flustered passport agent/post office lady, I was informed that my passport would come within two weeks. Hurrah!!!

It's incredible to think that just a little while ago, it was December and I was just turning in the first part of my application, and now I am only a few weeks from leaving. I have four more sundays, four more youth groups, four more small groups. And I am completely, incredibly excited. I love that I am feeling no stress, I am feeling no worry about this, because I know that God is pulling everything together and knitting it together how He wants it to work out...and that is more comforting and exciting and thought-provoking that anything else.

No comments: