Thursday, May 23, 2013

Little Chunk of Sunshine

I was at work today (I work at a Pizzeria), clearing off tables and re-setting them, going through the now-familiar motions and listening to the chatter of the customers around me. I was just about to walk away from the area I was in when an older couple sitting at a nearby table stopped me. The gentleman peered at me from behind his glasses-clad blue eyes and gave me a grin,

"Young lady, are you going to school?" I replied that I wasn't right now, but was saving money to go to school for psychology and music. His wife's eyes lit up and she put her hand on my arm, thoroughly excited for me. I spent the next ten minutes talking with this couple as they asked me about my dreams and my adventures; encouraging me in my interests and very sternly telling me that, "The world can always find more waitresses, but not many are willing to help others psychologically. Go after your dream!"

I can't describe how incredibly blessed I am by this couple. I don't know their names, but I dearly hope that this lovely couple realized how much they mean to those around them; their willingness to take the time to stop and get to know a 20-year-old waitress at a pizzeria for a few minutes drastically changed the atmosphere of my entire day. It was a beautifully God-orchestrated meeting, and though God wasn't once mentioned in our conversation, I believe that He was specifically placing them in my day to bless me, and in turn for me to bless them.

I love kind people. I love how excitement spreads. I love that a ten-minute conversation with complete strangers can inspire in me an attitude to exhort the passions and desires in others, encouraging them to follow their dreams as I chase after mine.

I am so thankful for the generations that have gone before mine; for those who are wise and experienced in this world. I am so thankful for this couple; for the time and energy they spend encouraging others.

I am ridiculously blessed.

No comments: